Make a difference. Support the Canadian Muskie fishery
Now you can donate directly to the Muskies Canada Foundation. This is the fundraising arm of the Muskies Canada and is managed by the Ottawa Community Foundation. The Muskies Canada Foundation works with other charities, government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners on various initiatives involving muskellunge research, restocking and habitat enhancement and special projects like the Lake Simcoe Muskie Restoration Project.
This is the only Foundation exclusively devoted to muskie sustainability in Canada. In return for your donation of more than $20, you will receive a receipt for tax purposes. Support the cause. Donate now.
Many Ways to Donate
You can donate to The Muskies Canada Foundation in many ways with both monetary and other assets. You can donate as an individual or a corporation. You can make a single donation or a monthly one. If you wish, donations can be made as a tribute to someone or in memoriam. The Ottawa Community Foundation will share your name and the amount of your donation with The Muskies Canada Foundation Advisor so that your gift can be appropriately acknowledged unless you prefer to give anonymously.
1. Click on the Donate now button on our website which will take you to the Ottawa Community Foundation web site
2. Click the “Donate Now” button and enter your donation amount and a personalized message
3. Click on “Continue with My Donation”
4. Enter your information. Points to watch are that the telephone number should have no spaces or hyphens. Note that the “$” sign should not be typed. Select “You may share my gift with the prime contact for the fund” to let us know that you have made a donation so that we can acknowledge it. OR “I would like to make this gift anonymously” if you so desire.
5. Check your personal information and edit if necessary, then enter your credit card information including the CVD number on the back of the card. Click “Submit”
6. There is an option to send an e-card to us. This can be skipped. You will then get a confirmation page to finish the transaction.
Cheques for this tax year should be postmarked no later than December 31. Cheques must be payable to the Ottawa Community Foundation, and specify “The Muskies Canada Foundation” as the beneficiary on your cheque. Cheques can be mailed to the Ottawa Community Foundation at 301-75 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1P 5E7.
Through the United Way
To learn how to donate to The Muskies Canada Foundation through the United Way, speak to your United Way canvasser and specify Ottawa Community Foundation, Muskies Canada Foundation.
Support a sustainable muskie fishery for future generations through a legacy gift. There are many easy ways to leave a legacy to The Muskies Canada Foundation that will provide your estate with considerable tax credits. Simply designate The Muskies Canada Foundation as a beneficiary of one of the following:
- Bequest in Your Will
- Life Insurance Policy
- RRSP or RRIF
You can also use
- Appreciated Securities
- Letter of Direction
- Life Insurance Policy Transfer of Ownership
- Charitable Trust
to accrue immediate tax relief while providing long-term benefits to The Muskies Canada Foundation.
The Muskies Canada Foundation accepts many kinds of assets. Most non-cash gifts are liquidated immediately and the proceeds transferred to the investment portfolio. You can donate gifts of public and private company securities, real estate, and other assets. When making gifts of publicly-listed securities, we recommend having your investment advisor file all forms by December 19th, and notify the Ottawa Community Foundation to ensure that final ownership of the securities is transferred by December 31.