The Public Release Program honors anglers that demonstrate a strong commitment towards conservation by awarding a Certificate of Appreciation and a Release Award Decal for a successful Catch & Release of a Muskellunge 36 inches or longer.
Why Should You Release Your Muskie?
- It takes almost 7 years for a Muskellunge to reach maturity and be able to spawn. In most waters this occurs when the fish is approximately 40″.
- It can take more than 20 years for a Muskie to grow to 50″.
- Large fish produce more eggs per spawn.
- Releasing the Muskie you catch allows the fish to spawn again and supports the wild Muskie population.
- Fibreglass Replica mounts can be made of your catch using a few good pictures and accurate length and girth measurements. Replica mounts allow you to release the fish and have an exact copy to hang on the wall that will last a lifetime.
Requirements To Qualify
The Public Release Program is available to all members of the public with a valid fishing license.
Muskellunge must be caught and released during the proper open season.
- Muskellunge must be 36″ or longer.
- A photo of the fish (preferably a release picture) must be provided.
- A short description of your catch and release is optional.
- Send it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catching and releasing a Muskie is a significant angling achievement and should be rewarded. Would you like to have a personalised Certificate of Appreciation from Muskies Canada acknowledging your achievement?