The Upper Valley Chapter invites you to the 2023 Upper Valley Classic Outing!
The Secret word for the 2023 outing is: Secret word will be announced the night before Outing starts.
Good luck to everyone who has registered and please make sure your secret word is included in any fish being entered to qualify. Send photos of your qualifying fish daily to email@example.com
- When: July 1 , 2023 at 6:00 am to July 8, 2023 at 6:00 pm
- Banquet Get Together, Awards and Prize Table: Will be held on July 8 , 2023 starting at 6 pm at The Prior Sports Bar & Restaurant, located at The Winners Circle Plaza located at 39 Winners Cir Drive, Arnprior ON , K7S 3G9. A section of Restaurant has been reserved for the Outing.
- Where: Ottawa River (the entire stretch) / Madawaska Head Pond / Black Bay (Where the Baron River and the Petawawa river meet).
- Registrants will be able to fish any of the three bodies of water and use any boat launch they wish. The outing will be open on the entire stretch of the mighty Ottawa River, from Mattawa ON to the Hawkesbury ON stretch. That’s over 380 km of Ottawa River!
- BONUS : The Petawawa Research Team will be on the water in Black Bay, to tag any fish of interest for them for MCI Petawawa River Project.
- Cost: 35$ per angler. Muskie Canada member guest are welcome to participate with a MCI member. All registrants will be entered in a door prize.
- If you can not fish the weekend, no problem you have all week to catch your monster trophy!
- Our Chapter would like to thank all of Muskies Canada members for their continued support and dedication to this valuable natural muskellunge fishery. We would like to also thank all the hard working Bait makers for their innovative and skilled work in producing some of the worlds best Muskie Baits!
- Registration now open!!.
How to Register for outing:
- Send $35 e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give your full Name and Muskie Canada membership Number in the comments section of the e-transfer..
- If you are a guest please indicate that you are a guest and with which MCI member you are fishing with in the comments section of the e-transfer.
- Once you have registered please fill in the insurance waiver found below on this page.
- On the evening of June 30, 2023 the secret word to be used with all fish photos will be posted on this Upper Valley Page. You will need to have this word in all fish photos being entered in the outing contest. Failure to not have this word shown in the picture will not qualify your fish . All anglers MUST be registered in the Outing.
- Once the secret word is posted, there will be no more registration accepted for the outing. Registration will close by June 30, 2023 at 9 pm.
- Outing Starts on Saturday July 1 , 2023 at 06:00 hrs. and ends on July 8 at 6 pm.
Advance Registration, your Muskie Canada membership number and insurance waiver will be required no later than June 30, 2023 by 9 pm and submitted to: email@example.com
Insurance Waiver form:
Please complete the insurance waiver form after registration.
Rules for Outing
- You may Launch your boat from any boat launch within the boundary waters. (Ottawa River from Mattawa to the east side of the town of Hawkesbury ON. – The Madawaska Head Pond, as far up as navigable without taking your boat out of the water, and Black bay where the Petawawa River and the Baron River join.)
- All Provincial fishing regulations apply.
- Guests (Non MCI members) are welcome; however they must be registered and must fish with an MCI member.
- Guests are NOT eligible for the Swan Trophy, but they are eligible for door prize if registered and to enter draws the baits up for grabs.
- All muskies caught should be entered – the length must be submitted; photograph is required . Send your fish photograph with your name to this email/same as prize table : firstname.lastname@example.org (The secret word to be in the photo will be posted on this page on the evening of June 30, 2023. at approx. 9pm) Please make sure that photo is clear with a picture showing the entire fish on your bump board.
- A girth measurement is not required; however please note that in case of a tie in length measurement, the girth measurement will be used to determine the winner..…If you catch a Big one, take the girth measurement please .
- Winners list will be published no later than July 9rd, 2023 and emailed to all registrants
Awards & Prize Table Draws
All prizes/Baits will be done by means of a draw. The draw will be at $10 per ticket spot, and you may purchase unlimited tickets. There will be a skill test question at the closing ceremonies to participate in the draw prizes.
Special offer on Tickets;
Buy one ticket @ $10 = One Ticket
Buy 5 Tickets @ $50 = 6 Tickets
Buy 10 Tickets @ $100 = 15 Tickets
Send e-transfer to email@example.com
Bait Prizes will be done by raffle and a list will soon be posted on this webpage.
Our Prizes continue to grow daily, so here is a sneak preview of some of the prizes: Thursty Lures, Lawrence Muskie Lures, Sappetizer Baits, BWB Baits, Custom Clarkey Baits, Toothy Tuff Bait, Rovers, , Wicky Baits, Sappetizer Baits, River Rats Sinner Baits, GB Baits, Jager Bait Shackles, Scotsman’s Point Resort package, and more to follow….
Prizes will be listed on this page shortly and numbered for draw purposes…stay tuned…
Swan Moving Trophy for the biggest fish landed by a MCI Member only. Guest are not eligible for this award.
Door Prize draw: To be determined…stay tuned
Winners will receive awards and draw prizes through MCI Pony express (ie. we will deliver them to you….as quickly as possible), pre-arranged pick up or prepaid shipping. ( Winner pays for Shipping costs)
Baits up for Grabs is now open to purchase tickets!
For those who have already purchased spots the above special will be applied.
Please make sure to put your name in the comments when sending out e-transfers for the prize table so we know who you are.
Jaime Sebastian – Chairperson
Upper Valley Chapter